1.5.10

Day 121 - Kumite

Today I was coaching at a karate competition, and I was able to get a pass to be able to take pictures so that made the day a whole lot more interesting! Here are some photographs of the fights... some of these were very painful to watch - watching your friend get beaten up or beat up someone else or even another friend isn't the easiest thing to do in the world... especially as we have to encourage them to keep on fighting. Ah well, I guess I'm just being a girl, that's karate for ya!

What was also rather annoying was the uselessness of some of the referees, Mich and I were screaming "JOGAI!!" (meaning 'Area', as many times people illegally stepped off the area) before some of them noticed. Plus there were times that they wouldn't realise that they needed to stop the fight as someone had already won... grr. I could have done a better job.
So we had an interesting experience in Lisburn today, the Translink website lied to us, so our planned bus home was non-existent! That was fun... lol!

Also! I'm gonna tick another one off my list!

#9. Meet someone new and make good friends with them

^Collin said he would be my friend if I bought him a donut. I did, but I ate it for him...

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment