19.3.10

Day 78 - Life's A Blur... Literally.

This is a photo of my little sister's friend on the swing... high contrast, slightly desaturated in some areas.

Me duele el ojo. No estoy contento. Translation for all you non-wannabe Spaniards: My eye hurts. I'm not happy. Yeaahh, I have yet another eye infection although I cannot ever remember having one this bad before. It's rather... or very painful. So I have taken my lenses out (to avoid irritation) and have put sunglasses on instead (to avoid bright lights... or any light actually, I could happily live in the dark right now). These aren't prescription sunglasses so all I can see is a blur. Here, let me show you - below is what the above picture looks like without my glasses on. I don't think I've ever met someone with who has claimed to have worse eyesight than me... except for blind people. I pity them.
Anyway tonight I was back at the mighty Oasis. Walking into the building with my sunglasses on felt slightly odd, but everyone was very understanding. On second thoughts though... maybe not - "NOOO!! Don't take her sunglasses off or she'll DIE!!" Hmmmm. Interesting logic. Well my friends decided they would make me a makeshift bandage to put round my head and eye to make my life a little easier (I love my friends), but when they finished wrapping the, ahem, toilet paper around my head it looked like it was a bandage for a head wound. Of course my immediate reaction was "Draw blood on it and we'll freak out the next person who comes in!" I feel we were successful. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment