25.3.10

Day 84 - You Are BEAUTIFUL.

There are many beautiful people in this world. Never forget that you are one of them.#24. www.operationbeautiful.com

You may be confused as to why I put a website as an item on my Spade List. I guess you just need to press that link! To take part in Operation Beautiful you must stick a post it or something similar in a public place with an uplifting message on it, something like "You are Beautiful, inside and out!", "Hello gorgeous!" or "Never hide that beautiful smile!", in a public place.

Although I was planning for it to be anonymous, I figure I may as well put this up here! Today a friend and I "went to the toilet" *cough cough* during class and stuck Operation Beautiful post its on all the mirrors in the girls toilets. Many teenage girls have self esteem issues, and seeing a note like that can brighten up a day so much, check out the website for more stories.

When I returned to class, someone came in about 10 or 15 minutes later and asked all the girls in the class "Have you seen what's been put up in the toilets? You need to see the toilets!" I had to turn away to hide my smile. Soon quite a few of my friends were talking about it, and it gave me such joy to hear them discuss it excitedly. It gave me hope. Unfortunately, by the time break time had come around (during break the toilets are packed) the cleaners had taken them down and thrown them away. Girls who had seen them were annoyed, but I didn't mind. Even a tiny response is fantastic, and, who knows, that cleaner might have enjoyed reading them too!

Never forget how beautiful you really are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment